Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Week 6: Tagging & Social Bookmarking

A few years ago I tried Delicious but wasn't impressed with its interface, but while working on this exercise I noticed that things have changed and I am eager to try it out again. I first added some links from my browser that I use often, but aren't always easy to remember. Then I created a bundle to group some of my "Work related Training" sites, but realized that the tags I had originally created needed a little more work to be able to bundle like I was wanting. I next went through and added the first 2 lists of users to my network. I wish that the number of steps was less, since you had to search for the user, then add to network and then, ok that you really wanted to add them. I wish that there was a contact list you could just add names/usernames to, instead of the multi-step process that it requires currently.

It was very interesting looking through the other user bookmarks, there were quite a few that I seen that I have marked that will be useful for questions that we get asked, as well as ones that I personally thought would be interesting to check out.

My account can be reached by clicking here.

This was a very good lesson and am hoping to keep up my account, as well as get some others to start using it more.

Now that things have quieted down some at work, I am hoping to get caught back up on my backlog of "23 THINGS KANSAS" assignments.

Wish me luck...:)

Here is a Link Roll of my bookmarks.

No comments:

Post a Comment