Thursday, January 14, 2010

Week one: Blogging

I am a Reference Librarian at Hutchinson Public Library and have worked here since College. I enjoy learning new things and would like to expand some of my basic knowledge. I have worked in many of the different layers of our library i.e.- Circulation, Reference, Serials, Government Documents, ILL, etc... I am also part of a team that created our Facebook page for the Library and I am hoping that I will be able to learn more to help keep that page fresh and new.
Each week, we as participants are to try and include the following prompts in our posts.
What are my feelings (good or bad) concerning the tool of the week? (i.e. blogger, facebook etc.)
Feel pretty good so far I am glad that we are starting off slow so that we can work it in to our schedules easier.

Have you had any breakthroughs? Any failures? What have you learned from them?
Thankfully my only failure is getting a late start, but am working towards getting a better schedule set up to handle things that will be arriving with the 23 things ks project.

Create Links to resources, other people's blogs, or other useful sites on the web in order to connect your posts to the wider world (even if only back to the 23 things blog)
23ksblogroll
&
23thingsks site

And most importantly we are to visit a few of the fellow participants' blogs and leave comments on their posts so we can start conversations and learn from one another.
In progress of this right now.......:)

Good luck to my fellow participants and may the force be with us........

No comments:

Post a Comment