Monday, April 19, 2010

Week 10: Video on the Web

Let's go to the MOVIES!...

I begun this week's activity by finding 2 videos on YouTube, that are Library based.  One is a quirky tour of a library. The second one is a Dewey Decimal Rap. 

Library Tour of Harper College:


The Dewey Decimal Rap:


I am still pretty new at blogging and so had some confusion on how to put the HTML in the blog.  I forgot to change the tab from "Compose" to "Edit HTML".  Once I got that figured out it was quite simple.

After completeing Activity 1, without too much difficulty (besides my own absentmindedness).  I decided to attempt Activity 2.  For that project I had my Husband sign using 2 different sign languages: S.E.E. (Signing Exact English) & A.S.L. (American Sign Language).  I then edited them to have a "Fade In" and a "Credits" page, as well as, differing animations.  Finally, I added some captioning so that those who can't read sign language can learn or know what is being said.

It was very easy to upload the videos to YouTube and embedding was simple since I had worked out the issues earlier in this weeks projects. 

Here are the 2 videos that I created with the help of my husband demonstrating the difference between S.E.E. & A.S.L. sign languages.

SEE VERSION


 ASL VERSION


I hope that everyone enjoys.  I know that this will be tool I will use in the future to help create a virtual tour of our library.

Grab some popcorn and enjoy!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment