Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Week 12: Screencasting

This was a very easy and informative lesson this week.  There were two options for software JING & SCREENCAST-O-MATIC.COM.  I played with SCREENCAST-O-MATIC.COM, but wasn't as comfortable with it, so I opted to use JING for this activity. 
After deciding which software to use, I chose to capture a screencast showing how to get to the online databases page of our website and explained the different access options for them.
It took a couple tries but finally created a usable capture, that is at the link below:
http://www.screencast.com/t/NjUzMWNhN

I was very impressed with this software, it was easy to work with and creates a nice finished product.  I see this as a very handy tool for our library.  We have many areas that could benefit from these educational screencasts.  I would like to continue creating these for patrons as well as co-workers and hope to get some ideas from my co-workers as to which screencasts we want to start with for both areas.
I am also creating a list of work procedures that I plan to screencast to help in cross-training in my department as well as other departments in my library.

No comments:

Post a Comment