Saturday, April 17, 2010

Week 8: Cloud Computing

Faster than a speeding bullet,
More powerful than a locomotive,
Able to leap tall stacks of books in a single bound,
Look, up in the CLOUDS!
It's a bird!
It's a plane!
It's a Super LIBRARIAN!

Maybe with my SUPER LIBRARIAN powers I can attempt to catch up on my bloggings for 23thingskansas. So many activities, so little time.....

Cloud computing is still new for me, but for the last 6 months at work we have been using it to share Calendars for various departments within our library and also as an alternative for communication via instant messaging. I have uploaded some of my files into the documents side to make it easier to find when needed also.

For my collaborating project I created a Google docs Presentation that shares things our library has to offer or things that are new to us. To find my partners in CRIME... I used a twitter hashtag and sent a tweet to 23thingsks asking for someone to collaborate with. This worked great and had a taker with in an hour or so as well as 2 more the next day. I then invited a co-worker to also participate, but she is also a participant in the 23 Things Kansas Project, so she was a two-for.

I sent them the links as well as invited them to the GOOGLE DOC. I had already created 2 slides besides the Title Slide. As the collaborators add to the presentation I have asked for them to enter their name on the Title Slide to indicate the participants in this project.

The presentation can be viewed below:

As the participants update and collaborate on the presentation it should update here also.



Participants included were: Amanda Stephenson (Me), Katy Androski (Co-worker and 23kansas participant), Paulina Poplawska (Liberal Memorial Library - Director and 23Kansas participant), Janelle Jarboe Mercer (SWKLS - Assistant Tech Consultant/Trainer and 23Kansas Participant).

I am quite impressed with the results from this collaboration presentation. The ease of creating the "poweroint" was great and I was quite surprised with the options that were available, such as the backgrounds and themes for the slides.

No comments:

Post a Comment